Alzheimer's Insights and Research Topics
- One out of two men and women eventually get Alzheimer's if they live long enough. Will YOU? Nine major risk factors that determine how lucky you'll be.
- Do you carry the "Alzheimer's gene"? Scientists have identified the key genes responsible for causing Alzheimer's. Genetic testing can show you what's ahead for the future - good or bad.
- These three prescription drugs can slow the breakdown of acetylcholine in the brain, thereby improving message transmission between nerve cells - resulting in improved memory and reasoning abilities.
- Senior moment, mild cognitive impairment, or dementia: learn the difference for peace of mind
- Recognize the 10 red-flag changes in mental functioning
- Can smoking make you stupid? If you haven't kicked the habit and you're over 65, you're almost four times more likely than a nonsmoker to experience mental decline.
- Food for thought -preventing memory loss through better nutrition
Spring Arbor will be providing more thoughts like the ones listed above as well as more detailed information on these topics in future blog posts. Come back often.